Why Does The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. Collect Personal Information?
We limit the collection of personal information to what is necessary to provide you with high quality services, to support your specific needs and requests, and to meet our business needs in connection with the services. Below we have highlighted the reasons for the collection of your personal information:
- To respond adequately to your requests for services or information;
- To provide services to individuals, families and employers that includes child care and other dependent care, education (general, higher and accredited education), wellbeing, work/life, and consulting;
- To provide a safe, healthy, and successful environment for those to whom we provide services;
- To provide resource material/information regarding our services and areas of interest to our customers, such as parenting, child care, adult care, education, wellbeing, and work/life balance, among other things;
- To aid in the administration of our services to our customers;
- To administer first aid, emergency and other medical care, when necessary;
- To comply with laws, and government regulations/standards;
- To support our business purposes and functions related to the services, such as education, training, curriculum, communication, administration, and record-keeping;
- To provide utilization reports and other information to employers offering our services to its workforce;
- To facilitate and process payments for the services;
- To fulfil tax, reporting, and other financial requirements and obligations;
- To administer employee payroll, benefits, tax/regulatory compliance and other record keeping and administration requirements; and
- To consider applications for employment and accredited education.
How Do You Consent To The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd.’s Use Of Your Personal Information?
What Personally Identifiable Information Does The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. Collect?
The type of business relationship you have with The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. will determine the specific information we will need to collect from you.
- Information necessary to perform the service that you provide voluntarily when registering (whether by telephone, online or in person) or during the course of services. Depending on the type of service engaged, the information requested may include your personalized registration user name and password; payment and contact details; a dependent’s name, date of birth, gender, allergies, food restrictions, special needs, health information, and emergency contact details for doctors and alternative carers; or school transcripts, applications, registration and enrolment information.
- Utilization information, such as dates of service, type of service, user of service and reasons for service.
- Records created during the course of providing service to you or your dependents such as caretaker notes on the activities, behaviours, illnesses, medication, food, etc.; photographs; and other documentation records.
If you are prospective customer, we will collect:
- Contact information that you provide voluntarily when requesting publications or other information via telephone, online or in person.
- Contact information may include your name, telephone/fax number, and email/mailing address.
If you are an employee, apprentice/student or applicant, we will collect:
- Typical information that you provide voluntarily via telephone, online or in person including your name, mailing/email addresses, telephone/fax number, employment history with job descriptions, education, references, affiliations and other relevant information for payroll, benefits and administration.
Who Does The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. Share Personally Identifiable Information With?
- To your Employer: The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. services are often made available to you as a benefit through employer-sponsored programs. In order to meet our obligations to your employer, The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. will provide details of your use of the services to your employer, which may include your name, dates of use, reasons for use, and other available details. We will disclose only information relevant to the utilisation of the services.
- For Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. If any of The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. business unit is sold or substantially all of The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. is acquired, personal information relevant to the operation sold could be transferred as part of the transaction.
How Can Individuals Access Or Update Their Personally Identifiable Information?
The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. is committed to collecting personal information that is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. If you would like to access or update your personal information, or obtain copies of the information, the following steps can be taken by you:
For informal requests:
- If you receive services from us, you may contact the program or location that stores or processes your information (such as a nursery/center where your child is enrolled). The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. may require you to make your request in writing to verify your identity.
- Alternatively, you may contact us as provided below.
How Can Individuals Contact The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd.?
How Does The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. Protect Your Personal Information?
The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. utilises appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of the personal information we collect in both physical and electronic format. We provide information security awareness training to our staff and conduct periodic quality assurance audits. However, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. As a result, The Learning Tree Childcare Ltd. cannot guarantee the security and privacy of the information you provide to us.